Download Log in to check your private messages Album Chat
Home Usergroups Memberlist Profile Statistics Register Log in


Previous topic «» Next topic
Moved by: AbraCadaver
2013-08-20, 02:05
Red Oscar for gold
Author Message
erdan 
Piranha

FS Player Name: thorns
Age: 32
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Level: 2
HP: 0/30
 0%
MP: 14/14
 100%
EXP: 0/8
 0%
  Posted: 2012-10-08, 10:39   Red Oscar for gold

I keep reading about how good Red Oscars are for gold. Apparently you are supposed to use prawn baits to get them, but I tried C, B, and A grade prawn bait.

The problem is that this fish rarely appears. I'd say even less than 30% chance of appearing even when I use prawn baits. Am I doing something wrong?
 
     
Level: 2 HP   0%   0/30
   MP   100%   14/14
   EXP   0%   0/8
deathfisaro 
Blanket Octopus

FS Player Name: Depi
Age: 34
Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Posts: 607
Location: Canada
Level: 22
HP: 22/1106
 2%
MP: 528/528
 100%
EXP: 33/59
 55%
Posted: 2012-10-08, 18:23   

30% is pretty good. At level 17, you can't make as much as Kalde Lake.

Let's say you catch 30% Red Oscar and let go of the other 70%, you're still making more money than say, catching 100% Snakehead or Musky or so.

Even Clam Beach has cheap fish, the only good area after Kalde Lake is Coral Bay, but it'll be pretty hard to fish there at level 22. So you'd probably stick to Kalde Lake till level 25, and then at level 27 Paho Shore opens up.

That's pretty much the maximum gold farm path. Use Secret Garden (and practice fishing) for star farm
 
     
Level: 22 HP   2%   22/1106
   MP   100%   528/528
   EXP   55%   33/59
erdan 
Piranha

FS Player Name: thorns
Age: 32
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Level: 2
HP: 0/30
 0%
MP: 14/14
 100%
EXP: 0/8
 0%
Posted: 2012-10-08, 20:27   

deathfisaro wrote:
30% is pretty good. At level 17, you can't make as much as Kalde Lake.

Let's say you catch 30% Red Oscar and let go of the other 70%, you're still making more money than say, catching 100% Snakehead or Musky or so.

Even Clam Beach has cheap fish, the only good area after Kalde Lake is Coral Bay, but it'll be pretty hard to fish there at level 22. So you'd probably stick to Kalde Lake till level 25, and then at level 27 Paho Shore opens up.

That's pretty much the maximum gold farm path. Use Secret Garden (and practice fishing) for star farm


The problem is that I am already level 28 with a platinum rod +9, everytime I cast it costs me around 200g. And I don't know how to access Secret Garden, I tried to spend stars to "add spot", but after that I don't know how to get in.
 
     
Level: 2 HP   0%   0/30
   MP   100%   14/14
   EXP   0%   0/8
deathfisaro 
Blanket Octopus

FS Player Name: Depi
Age: 34
Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Posts: 607
Location: Canada
Level: 22
HP: 22/1106
 2%
MP: 528/528
 100%
EXP: 33/59
 55%
Posted: 2012-10-08, 22:46   

You need extra rods other than the one you're wearing to cast in Secret Garden.

Go to Paho Shore. The fish there are up to 2k a piece, you're guaranteed to make profit.
 
     
Level: 22 HP   2%   22/1106
   MP   100%   528/528
   EXP   55%   33/59
erdan 
Piranha

FS Player Name: thorns
Age: 32
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Level: 2
HP: 0/30
 0%
MP: 14/14
 100%
EXP: 0/8
 0%
Posted: 2012-10-09, 00:37   

deathfisaro, What bait should I use to maximize the efficiency there?
 
     
Level: 2 HP   0%   0/30
   MP   100%   14/14
   EXP   0%   0/8
deathfisaro 
Blanket Octopus

FS Player Name: Depi
Age: 34
Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Posts: 607
Location: Canada
Level: 22
HP: 22/1106
 2%
MP: 528/528
 100%
EXP: 33/59
 55%
Posted: 2012-10-09, 08:00   

Earthworm. Worm can work too, but personally recommend Earthworm.
 
     
Level: 22 HP   2%   22/1106
   MP   100%   528/528
   EXP   55%   33/59
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Add this topic to your bookmarks
Printable version

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB modified by Przemo Š 2003 phpBB Group - opowiadania
Style created by PiotreQ9
Page generated in 0.05 second. SQL queries: 11